Tips for enhancing your dancing experience.
- Be aware of the space around you.
- Share the dance floor with your fellow dancers.
- Leads, protect your follow.
- Dance to your follow:
- Leads always adjust to your follows dance ability.
- Do not try to teach your partner while you are dancing.
- Avoid giving unsolicited dance advice.
Declining an invitation to dance:
- You are not obligated to say yes to every dance invitation.
- If you decline a dance invitation it is considered good form to find that person later and ask them to dance.
- If you decline a dance invitation it is considered bad form to immediately say yes to someone else.
- Please join in: Dance, clap, and help the birthday dancers celebrate.
- Try to wait at least eight measures before cutting in.
- Dancing is a physical activity and has been known to cause people to perspire.
- Dress appropriately
- Perhaps bring an extra shirt/top or wear wicking attire.